Skip to content
Join our Hunting Human Trafficking Criminals through OSINT webinar June 1st. Register Now!
Premium OSINT Services
Instructor Led Classes
Cyber Intelligence Dashboard
Premium OSINT Services
Instructor Led Classes
Cyber Intelligence Dashboard
Echo Academy Qualification Assessment
1. Who was the primary audience Mark Zuckerberg intended to use Facebook?
2. What are two ways Social Media is used to interact with users?
Sharing and Consuming Information
Analyzing Human Behavior and Generating Reports
Generating Advertisement and Marketing Data
General Communication but also Avoiding Social Interactions
3. Facebook uses impressions to indicate what?
How many friends a user has?
How well-liked the user is?
How many times your advertisement was clicked?
How interested are others in the content?
4. What information CANNOT be found on the Dark Web?
Any information found on search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo)
Leaked classified documents
5. What was D2M modeled after?
The Scientific Method
Mathematical Order of Operations
6. Define zero-shot translation.
Zeroing the sites on a weapon before operation.
When a child learns a language effortlessly and without being taught.
Using Google translate with zero translation errors.
An algorithm with the ability to translate languages to English then to another language.
7. Which of the four is the most secure option?
TOR over VPN
8. Which of these will NOT help mask your online activity?
9. What is a cookie?
A piece of information stored on your browser
An IP address
Another term for a VPN
10. What component of the intelligence cycle determines which tools are needed to mine data or licenses needed?
None of the Above
11. Select ALL that an analyst should do or use before researching and gathering data from the internet.
Use a VPN
Use a Virtual Machine
Log into their accounts
Use Tor if they are going on the dark web
Check their privacy and security settings
12. What can't intelligence do?
Predict all future events
Aid in understanding current operations
Provide important information in multiple settings
13. What source of Information does OSINT use?
Publicly Available Information (PAI)
14. What does MASINT stand for?
Measurement and Situational Intelligence
Monitoring Satellite Intelligence
Measurement and Signatures Intelligence
Managerial Station Intelligence
15. What is TRUE about Counterintelligence, or CI?
Interrogations are conducted in CI
CI cannot be practiced inside the United States
CI employs similar collection principles as HUMINT
Only the U.S. Army has CI function
16. Which intelligence discipline gathers intelligence from human sources?
17. Which intelligence discipline exploits and analyzes imagery?
18. Which intelligence discipline is a national security mission and supports the collection of intelligence from other intelligence disciplines?
19. What intelligence discipline focuses on weapons capabilities and industrial activities?
20. How long did it take for social media to become a worldwide phenomenon?
21. Which social media function allows you to view other user's recent activity on your page?
22. Which social platform popularized the hashtag #?
23. What are conversions in relation to market analysis?
Having a target respond to a call to action
Changing from their religion to yours
Leaving one Social Platform for another
The amount of followers on a user's page
24. Which statement is the most accurate statement regarding Social Media Analysis?
Social Media Analysis is limited to Defense Intelligence work.
Social Media Analysis’ prime function is to collect, analyze, and process large pools of Facebook usernames and passwords.
The best way to vet a potential partner or client is through their social media.
At its basic level, Social Media Analysis is collecting data from social media sites and blogs to analyze and use to make informed decisions.
25. What year was Social Network Analysis created?
26. Which of these is FALSE regarding intelligence analysis?
Intelligence analysis is specific to national security
Intelligence analysis is a broad term encompassing many practices
Intelligence analysis is the application of collective cognitive methods
Intelligence analysis can be used in law enforcement, corporate, and defense
27. What does SOCMINT stand for?
Social Marketing Intelligence
Sound Masking Intelligence
Social Media Intelligence
Social Monitoring Intelligence
28. What is the first step in Target Market Analysis?
The five w's and an h
29. What is Social Network Analysis?
The study of people and their interactions
The study of social networking websites
The study of people’s interaction with technology
The study of social media psychology
30. What does critical thinking involve?
Jumping to conclusions
Making hasty generalizations
Operating from pre-set biases
Examining all details before making a decision
31. Select the answer below that best completes this sentence: To conduct OSINT effectively an analyst needs ____________.
several Twitter handles and a good mapping tool.
a logical research methodology that utilizes critical thinking to eliminate bias as much as possible.
a good way to analyze how hashtags trend.
a perfect combination of digital tools to scrape a number of data sources.
32. Which of these is true regarding Media Bias and Propaganda?
They are mutually exclusive.
Biased information is always propaganda.
Understanding Propaganda can help you understand Media Bias.
It is not necessary for analysts to identify Media Bias and Propaganda.
33. What is the definition of propaganda?
Gathered objective data
Biased or misleading information
34. Which of these is an amphiboly?
The chef finds inspiration in cooking her family and her dog
Johnathan is an excellent mathematician
Analysts must be flexible, logical, and adaptable
Understanding OSINT is important for your career
35. Which study correlated news stations with being biased?
New York Times Study
2005 Congressional Record
2010 Bias Record
36. Which statement is TRUE about critical thinking and being an analyst?
Understanding how we think is irrelevant to effective research.
The best way to understand how to engage with your target audience is to imagine they think like you do.
If an analyst allows their own cognitive bias to drive their research, they will usually receive self-reaffirming results.
It is okay to believe in a single narrative if it falls in line with your beliefs.
37. What is priming?
A non-conscious form of memory associated with pre-existing knowledge
Giving an abbreviated version of your briefing before the full briefing
Assigning new interpretations of past experiences
Informing targets you are investigating them
38. What is an Amphiboly?
One word meaning two things
Two words meaning one thing
Ambiguous language due to poor grammar
Improper grammar and punctuation
39. What is a SNS?
Social Networking Site
Social Network Sharing
Secret National Site
Semi Necessary Service
40. Fill in the blank with the best answer. Microblogs typically have a _______ limit for posts
41. Which of these is the most popular photo-sharing site?
42. What was the first video sharing website?
43. Which model are most video platforms based on?
YouTube Video Model
Hardware as a Service
Software as a Service
44. What is false about accessing the dark web for OSINT?
The dark web is never authorized for use in OSINT.
The dark web has encrypted messaging applications that require special keys to utilize.
Not everyone on the dark web is a criminal.
The dark web can be accessed through browsers like, Tor, Tails, and Waterfox.
45. What is TRUE regarding the deep web?
It comprises only 10% of the internet.
It is the same as the dark web.
It is openly accessible.
It contains confidential, corporate information.
46. Which of these is NOT a way to reduce your digital footprint?
Create strong and memorable passwords
Check your privacy settings
Avoid searching your own name
Contribute to a positive social media image
47. What critical thinking method highlights a weakness in a current analytical judgement or reaffirms confidence in the initial judgement?
Talking out loud
Want to read more? Sign-up for Overwatch today.
delivered directly to your inbox every Tuesday & Thursday at 9am EST.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.